Wanted to start your career as a Blogger? Then there are several decisions which you should have to take. From choosing the best blogging platforms to choosing the best topic one has to go far. Although, here we are going to discuss only one of the decisions. Therefore, we will be coming across the different platforms through which you can have your website and starts blogging.
There are many blogging platforms available. Although, we will be discussing the most common one.
What is Blogging?
It can be termed as a collection of skills that one needs to run to supervise a blog. Blogging can be of different type. It can either be on technical or the topic you love the most. Furthermore, it entails equipping a webpage with the tools to write, post, link, and share the content easily on the Internet.
How Blog is different from the Website?
Blog needs updates daily. However, the Website contains content presented on a static page. The owner of a static website rarely update their website. However, the blog owner updates their site page with new ideas daily.
Which are the best Blogging platforms?
WordPress.com is a free blogging platform. It means the user of it will get a limited service. However, the content of your site will be stored on their server for free. However, it’s still a nice choice for hobby bloggers. Furthermore, if you want to upgrade your blog to a self-hosted WordPress blog shortly it will be a great choice.
- No coding language required.
- Free and simple to use.
- Hundreds of themes available for the customization.
- As the blogging platform is free, functionalities are in a limited quantity.
- Due to less functionalities, websites look less professional.
- You completely do not own your blog. Some part of your revenue will be shared. WordPress can even suspend your site at any time.
- The domain of your site comes up with .wordpress.
WordPress.org (Blogging Platforms)
WordPress.org is a paid blogging platform where the software is free but you have to pay for the hosting. It is a self-hosted blog where the WordPress software is installed on a third-party server. However, one gets the feature to install several plugins, edit HTML codes, customizing your theme, and much more. It gives you full control over your website and makes your website looks more professional. Therefore, a self-hosted WordPress blog is always the best choice for business owners, brand makers, and for the blogger who wants to make their website bigger.
- User-friendly website.
- N number of themes and plugins available to make your website looks more professional.
- Easy to do SEO.
- Can earn a lot.
- Ad integration.
- The domain of your site comes up with your choice like .com, .in, .net, and many more.
- Requires technical knowledge, as you were hosting your website on a third-party server.
- Security threats, because of its popularity.
- Also Read: SEO, A Step-by-Step Optimization for a website in 2020
- Also Read: How to do SEO in 2020 A Complete Beginner’s Guide
WIX (Blogging Platforms)
WIX is a paid blogging platform where you have to pay a little more in comparison to WordPress.org. However, WIX is the best platform for ideal business blogging. The features available for the e-commerce in WIX helps in building the entire e-commerce website simple. Although, your control will be somewhat limited in your online shop.
- Ad integration is easy.
- Easy to use.
- Domain registration option is available.
- Storage up to 20GB.
- Unlimited bandwidth for the website.
- Hundreds of professional-looking templates available.
- Expensive as compared to self-hosted WordPress.org blog.
- The Ecommerce tools are not up to the mark.
- Customization options are limited.
Blogger ( Blogging platforms)
Blogger is a free blogging platform. It is a Google product so you easily get access to Google tools like Analytics, AdSense, and many more. However, it’s not as flexible as WordPress as doing SEO is quite difficult here. Although, it is the best platform for hobby bloggers as well as for brand builders who want to make some money through ads. Since it is easy to use, and also being a great blogging platform, you can learn the basics here. However, some issues are currently going on related to the .blogspot domain. Hope, Google will resolve it soon. The servers are being hosted by Google only which is free for the blogger users.
- Completely free to use it.
- Easily place an AdSense ad.
- Several templates are easily available.
- For better customization, you can easily edit the HTML code.
- Less themes and storage space are available as compared to WordPress.
- It’s not a self-hosted platform, so your blog website is completely dependent on Blogger’s offerings.
- The domain of your site comes up with .blogspot.
This blogging platform is completely free. One can say it is a social type of platform. Therefore, the Bloggers who like reblogging consider it as the most suitable place. This platform is best for microbloggers. So if you are thinking of starting a blog to develop long-form content then this platform is not the best place to start.
- No need to worry about the storage space at all. Unlimited storage is been provided.
- Hundreds of themes are available to choose from.
- For better customization, you can easily edit the HTML and CSS code.
- Taking backup and importing your content from other platforms is a tough task.
- Limited plugin option for customization.
- Hard to monetize.
TypePad (Blogging Platforms)
It is a good blogging platform for the business professional who don’t mind spending some money on their blog every month. Therefore, paying some extra money comes up with delivering more features and professional-looking site. Although, most people will still suggest going for the self-hosted WordPress platform due to its popularity, but TypePad does have its advantages.
- Your blog will be hosted on their server, but you own the blog.
- Easy to use.
- Unlimited storage space is been provided.
- Too costly as compared to the self-hosted WordPress site.
- Limited options available for customization.
All six blogging platforms have their own market space. It’s you who need to decide for what purpose you want to start your blog. However, WordPress.org is the most loved Blogging platform to date.
For more technical stuff stay tuned with TechRatio.