Jio Meet application is a video conferencing app that is the same as Zoom. It is recently been launched by Reliance Corporate IT Park Limited to give strong competition to other apps which is available in the market for video conferencing purpose.
It was announced in April 2020 although its been not available for all the users as it been in the Beta phase. But now it’s been available throughout and be easily found on the App Store of iOS and Android.
If you don’t know about Jio Meet till now then this article is for you only. Here you will descriptively find every detail.
What is Jio Meet?
It is a free HD video conferencing app which is been launched by India’s largest telecom giant Reliance Industries. The other player in the market which provides the video conferencing services use to charge certain amounts to enjoy its complete service. This all-new Made in India app Jio Meet provides all the services free of cost.
There is been no compromise in providing features in this app. It comes with so many features like screen sharing, schedule meetings, and many more.
The app is been launched a few months back. But it’s been available for Beta users only. To find a bug and improve it before making it available for all users. After the testing is been completed, Jio meet is made available on Android and iOS platforms for normal usage.
This application is available in web mode too where it can easily be accessed from Chrome and Firefox.
Competitive in the market
We all know in the same field there are different players and the one which plays well takes all the credit. Same applies here too. Jio Meet has got tough competitors in the market such as
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
- Facebook Messenger Rooms
Features of Jio Meet
It is reliable for every type of user. Whether you are iOS, Android, or Web user. The important thing to notice is under one meeting 100 participants can join the meeting at the same time.
Details of Jio Meet
Jio Meet announced on 30 April 2020. Although at that time this is not been available for every user. It’s been available for Beta Users only. The popularity of this app is so high that under the Beta phase only the app records more than 100k downloads.
To use the features of this app, you need to download it first. Although this application is only been available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store as for now.
To download it you need to go to the App Store or Play Store irrespective of your device and search Jio Meet. The app will be displayed in the store and then you can download it.
This app charges no cost to provide service to its user. The setup process for this app is too easy. Enter number and details>OTP verification. After that, you are free to use its services.
Facilities of Jio Meet
- Jio meet comes up with a one-to-one meeting or conference meeting. Under the conference meeting, 100 participants can join in particular. This features in been provided under Enterprise-Grade host control.
- Any new participants can join the meeting only by entering the meeting id or personal link name.
- This application provides the feature to join or host the meeting with an unlimited number of calls. Zoom restricts the call duration to 40 minutes when 3-4 users are connected. It don’t come up with such restrictions. You are free to talk as much as you want.
- Enterprise-Grade host control in Jio Meet comes up with multiple features such as Password Controls for meeting, multi-device login, screen sharing, waiting room, schedule meeting.
- Android 5.0 and upper version
- iOS 9 and upper version
- Windows 10 devices
- Mac 10.13 and upper version
Also Read : Top 8 cool tips and tricks for Android in 2020
This tutorial is all about the Jio Meet. Here you can take the benefit of HD Video Conferencing and other features of it. From launching date to its features and how to use it. Hope you liked the complete details of Jio Meet.